Cookie Contest Entry Page
first ever TPSS Co-op Community Cookie Contest was held
on August 24th.
who participated in the Co-op’s 1st cookie contest in baking
and eating we say a BIG THANK YOU!
There were 19 entries.
Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
The Pumpkin Comfort Cookie
2nd Prize: $75 Gift Certificate
The Cowboy Cookie
3rd. Prize: $50 Gift Certificate
The Maple Walnut Cookie
also like to thank our judges for sampling so many cookies.
Comfort - The Pumpkin Comfort Cookie
I'm very pleased to share my award-winning recipe :)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 12-ounce package chocolate chips
to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
Mix sugar, margarine or butter, pumpkin and vanilla on high
until creamy. Stir in flour, baking soda and spices until
well combined. Then mix in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
* While I used the above ingredients, you may make this
a vegan recipe by using vegan margarine and carob chips